Cheers to 29!
And happy Monday everyone! Did you survive Daylight Savings Time? Personally, I love it this time of year! The fact that it was still light out at 7:30 last night was glorious. Our weekend wasn’t anything too crazy. I went to gym after work on Friday as I had a pretty stressful day & then we hit up the grocery store. We were supposed to get snow starting Friday night & into Saturday but we had nothing! Saturday evening, we decided to celebrate my birthday by taking an Uber to the Blackstone District for dinner at Crescent Moon and then some drinks at Scriptown Brewery & Nite Owl. Sunday was pretty rough & I spent the entire afternoon on the couch watching the Fixer Upper marathon. I might as well be turning 70 instead of 29.
1. I have an uncanny memory when it comes to music & can usually name the song/artist after a few beats. I think it’s because I grew up always listening to music (and still do today) so I have a lot of songs that are tied to a certain memory.
2. Speaking of music, my all time forever favorite song is Free Bird by Lynard Skynard. Don’t ask me why because I have no idea! It has stuck with me for years & years. I’m also a die hard Metallica fan. I saw them in 2008 when they came to Omaha & we have tickets to see them in St. Louis this summer!
3. I claim Nebraska as my home but I was actually born in South Dakota & lived there until I was in third grade.
4. I’ve never traveled out of the Midwest. I truly hope to change this soon!
5. My first “adult” job out of college was at the state psychiatric hospital. I worked there for about 2 1/2 years before starting my current one. It was probably one of the toughest jobs I’ve ever had & I really regret not keeping a journal of my daily experiences there.
6. I have a degree in Psychology because I really thought I wanted to be a forensic psychologist or do research at a University somewhere. I’ve been in the social work field for a little over six years now & I’ve realized that I not so sure what I want to do with my life!
7. Curtis & I met in college, had mutual friends, and were friends on Facebook but never actually talked to one another until a few months after graduation! One thing led to another & here we are today. 😉
8. I started keeping a hand written journal when I was 10 years & kept it up all through high school. I discovered Kiwibox (remember websites like Gurl.com or Bolt.com? It was like one of those) in 8th grade and kept an online “journal” up until I graduated from college! I started a blog on Blogger in 2013 that I kept up until December 2016 before switching to WordPress.
9. I’ve always been a super quiet person & also pretty shy which has been a huge challenge in my life. Fellow introverts can probably relate. 🙂 It’s not that I don’t like people or being around people, I just never know what to say sometimes!
10. Sometimes I say that I am an only child, mostly because that was how I grew up. In reality, I have a stepbrother & stepsister as well as two half brothers. My step-siblings lived with their mom & visited every so often. I’ve only met my half brothers twice and currently do not have any sort of relationship with them.
11. I could never be a fashion blogger because I basically live in skinny jeans, Mossimo t-shirts from Target, and sandals (during the summer) or ankle booties (during the winter). Maybe I could do posts on the many different colors & patterns of shirts they come out for each season, right?
12. I hate cooking. Seriously, despise it. I don’t mind meal prepping on Sunday afternoons but other than that, nope. This is why Curtis & I eat the same thing every single week.
13. I have a few piercings– ear lobes x2, belly button, tragus, and industrial. Even though I’m pushing 30, I have zero plans on taking them out anytime soon. I was 21 when I got the industrial done & still absolutely love it. I’ve had my belly button pierced for over 10 years and I feel like my stomach would look SO weird without it!
14. However, I don’t have any tattoos! Which is kind of surprising because I’ve always liked them. I have two in mind that I am thinking about getting someday. Maybe I’ll pull the trigger this year!
15. Fitness was never part of my life up until about 5 years ago. Without writing an entire novel, I basically had a wake up call one day while eating a cupcake & made a change. I can’t imagine going to back to an inactive life!
16. I am horrible at math. I have to use a calculator for almost everything! The really funny thing is that my job involves computing budgets for people. Sure, it’s mostly done on the computer but I have to double check it.
17. Summer is my favorite season– give me all the hot weather all the time! I hate winter & having to wear multiple layers of clothes for 6+ months. Not to mention the seasonal affective disorder that comes with it. I think I would love living in Phoenix if only I could convince Curtis we should move there!
18. I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood) or had to have major surgery. I think my worst injury was second degree burns from when I worked at a fast food restaurant & spilled hot fryer oil down my leg while using the filter machine. I got to sport this blue bandage for about a week!
19. My favorite foods– strawberries, peanut butter, tacos, Chipotle burritos, and breakfast burritos from D’Leons (local fast food Mexican restaurant).
20. Shopping is probably my favorite thing to do whenever I’m bored, even if I don’t buy anything. Most weekends you can find me at the mall, Target, TJ Maxx, or Walmart.
21. I’ve never really learned how to swim. I took beginner swimming lessons three years in a row because I failed each year. I can do the basics but I’m absolutely terrified of not being able to touch the bottom!
22. When I was in high school, I had a pet guinea pig named Axl (named after Axl Rose of Guns N Roses). I still love those little critters & have thought about getting another one someday.
23. I am deathly afraid of snakes. Even garter snakes make me scream & run away (which we have in our yard… :(). I can’t even watch a snake on TV.
24. My first car was a 1989 Mercury Cougar which that I loved. I added a CD player and installed two subwoofers in the trunk which made me feel BA.
25. I am obsessed with self tanner. I’ve been using it on a regular basis for the past several years. I have lots of tips & tricks if you ever need help!
26. I love 90s, early 2000s nostalgia. I’m not sure why but it’s just fun to back & remember things from back then. This picture really takes me back! All the Christina Aguilera posters, N’Suync, Brian Littrell from BSB right next to my headboard :P.
27. I’m a craft beer fan (although I am realizing I can’t drink it as much as I used to in the past). Curtis & I got engaged at Zipline, my favorite brewery.
28. My biggest pet peeve are noises– whistling, humming, tapping, coughing, throat clearing, you name it. It drives me crazy!
29. Other than turquoise, my favorite colors are black, teal, and royal blue.
When I first thought about doing a post like this & how fun it would be, I had NO IDEA how difficult it was to come up with 29 different things! Tell me some random things about you! Linking up with Biana & Katie.