Currently [ April ]

Hello and happy Wednesday!  We are halfway through the week THANK goodness.   Linking up with Anne & Jess today!

Accomplishing |    I finally decided to purchase this journal as I’ve had my eye on it for a few months now.  I originally saw it on Amazon where it was almost $30 but Target sells it for $15!  I like that it is kind of a mix of being fitness oriented but also every day life.  Springtime always makes me feel a little bit more inspired with my fitness goals & I think this journal will be a good way to reflect on them.

Feeling |   Old.  Well, sort of.   I know that 90s fashion has been making its way back into stores which I am still trying to wrap my head around.  I went in to Forever 21 (yes, I still shop there occasionally..) this past weekend and almost everything in the store had that 90s vibe to it.  Denim overalls… platform shoes… high waist jeans… crop tops… body suits… almost all things I wore as a kid!  And then I about died at Target when I saw that they were selling these slip on sneakers.  I lived in those types of shoes in middle school!

I can’t find any pictures of myself in the white shoes BUT I found this one.  As you can see, they were pretty popular!  Now please tell me that the slip on Doc Martens aren’t coming back in style.

Needing |   Warm weather!  We were so spoiled this past winter with hardly any snow and pretty reasonable temperatures.  However, I don’t think mother nature has gotten the memo that it’s spring now.  Granted, we haven’t gotten any snow but there have been days where I have to wear my winter coat & chunky sweaters because it’s so cold!

Practicing |   Good organization at work.  Things have gotten pretty crazy over the past month and I’m much busier than I was before.  I have a lot of clients that require phone calls, reviewing documents, etc. so I’m really trying to make sure that I keep everything in order.  Unfortunately, I don’t see things slowing down anytime soon so it’s important to get a routine down now!

Pinning |    Lots of different workouts, specifically kettlebell ones.  I use a lot of these for inspiration to make my own workouts at the gym.  Usually I tweak them to however I’m feeling that day or add a little cardio/plyometrics but it’s nice to have something as a guide!  (WordPress does not want me to add the widget but here is a link to all of my fitness pins!)   The workouts from Kettlebell Kings are wonderful!

Website Here

Have a great day everyone!  Tell me what’s going on with you also!

18 Comments

1. Miranda
    April 5, 2017

I’m dying…I had at least 3 pairs of those slip on style sneakers. And the chunky slip on sandals? Those things weighed like 20 pounds each! Ha ha.

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

Yes! I know I had at least two pairs of the slip on sneakers.. black & white probably. Those sandals were definitely ankle weights, hah!

2. Anne
    April 5, 2017

Oh my gosh the slip-on Doc Martens! I had successfully blocked those from my memory…And that journal looks awesome. I love fill-in-the-blank things like that. Thanks for linking up!

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

Oh me too! Until I look back at my old middle school pictures and ask myself WHY were those so popular!? I really like that the journal already has prompts to write about which makes it a little bit easier to put everything together!

3. Melanie
    April 5, 2017

I love that journal!! Will have to go check my Target!!

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

I know they had two versions– the one I bought– and another one that was black & white (which my Target didn’t have that day). It’s fun to have some prompts to write about, especially fitness related!

4. Erin LFF
    April 5, 2017

Haha- I totally had those slip on sneakers too! I feel so old seeing what teenagers are wearing right now… I’m like, no way that is fashionable again?! I’d really like to get some kettlebells for the home- seems like such an awesome workout! Stopping by from the link up 🙂

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

Yes! I am in the same boat as you when it come to see what kids are wearing now, haha. Even just browsing through some stores right now is tough to find clothes– like I’m too old to wear some of the “in” styles but I don’t think I’m that old to be wearing other things. Kettlebells are great! I’m still learning certain moves but I love that you can get an entire body workout with them!

5. Jessie @ Just Jessie
    April 5, 2017

OMG those slip ons! Nooooo!
    Jessie @ Just Jessie recently posted…What are YOU looking for?My Profile

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

I KNOW! I couldn’t believe it when I saw them at Target. 🙁

6. Jess
    April 5, 2017

Oh my gosh those shoes in your picture!! Brings back all the memories of the chunky leather sandals too, mine were always from American Eagle hahaha – thanks for the trip down memory lane! 😉 Denim overalls is one of those trends I never got behind the first time around though, but now I’m really finding myself wanting some but can’t decide if I should go for it.

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

EVERYONE had those chunky slip on sandals when I was in middle school. I kind of cringe when I look back at these pictures, haha. I just saw a pair of the denim overall shorts (shortalls??) and totally remember those in elementary school! I think they are actually kind of cute!

7. Amber
    April 5, 2017

My husband and I were in the mall last week, and I can’t remember what store we were in, but there were so many bodysuits there! That’s one 90s trend that I’d rather not see revived!!

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

Oh, me too! I totally remember wearing those in elementary school!

8. ShootingStarsMag
    April 6, 2017

I was born in 1990, so I like some of the 90’s fashion that is coming back -since I was only 9 at the latest in the actual 90’s. Those slip on sneakers are really cute though. 🙂

-Lauren
    ShootingStarsMag recently posted…Blog Tour Book Review/Giveaway: Don’t Feed the Trolls by Erica KudischMy Profile

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

I think they are kind of cute too, haha. It’s just amazing that some of these styles are coming back now & I remember wearing them the first time, haha.

9. Laura
    April 6, 2017

Oh my gosh, I loved those white slip on sneakers!! Did you ever have one of those bubble shirts? I saw them at the store the other day, I could not believe my eyes!

1. Megan
      April 9, 2017

Oh I know, I love those shoes too! I’m not sure what a bubble shirt is? (Okay, I just Googled it– those really small shirts that stretch??) I don’t remember ever having one of those but they don’t look comfortable at all! I can’t believe they are coming back too?!