Another month & more shopping! A lot of the items I picked up this past month were things I wanted to be able to wear on our trip to St. Louis. The weather looks like it will be in the 80s the entire time we are there so I wanted some comfortable shorts & tank tops for doing all of the tourist things. And of course some dressy clothes if we decide to hit up some bars in the evening!
- Affiliate links are used in this post.
1. Cage Stacked Heel Sandals – $19.99 | We stopped in to Charming Charlie while we were in Lincoln with my mom for Mother’s Day when I found these on major sale! I don’t have dressy sandals so I couldn’t pass these up!
2. Daytrip Refined Virgo Stretch Jeans – $48.50 | It has been a long time since I bought a pair of jeans from The Buckle. I’ve been shopping here since middle school but my current go-to jeans from JC Penney seem to be disappearing (of course). I have been wanting a pair of destructed jeans for awhile but I’ve been so picky! They are more of a looser fit which I’m not entirely used to but I feel like my legs have gotten bigger over the past year (I’m telling myself it’s muscle from cycling class.. :P) so they are comfortable!
3. Black Denim Shorts – $14.99 | These look so much different on the model than they do in person. I have been wanting a new pair of black shorts as my current ones are older than dirt! I couldn’t pass these up when I saw they were only $15 AND actually fit pretty decent. They are a high waist style which I’m still not used to but it seems to be the trend these days! For me, it’s harder to find jeans that fit my legs rather than my waist so the fact that these fit BOTH are a miracle.
4. Lace Bralette – $10.99 | Nothing special about this one, I just wanted a fun bralette to wear this summer. I plan on getting some more colors too!
5 & 6. Graphic Racerback Tank Tops – $4.99/ea | Since I live in tank tops during the summer, I wanted ones that weren’t a solid color like I normally gravitate to.
7. Banana Boat Self Tanner – $6.99 | A re-purchase of my favorite! I 100% recommend this!
8. Maybelline ‘The Falsies’ Mascara – $5.29 | Another re-purchase of my favorite. I always go back to this mascara no matter what!
9. Racerback Tank Top – $5 | I caught these on the very last day of the sale so of course they were picked over. I wish I would have gotten more for that price!
10. Denim Cut Offs – $13.45 | Now, these aren’t the exact shorts that I got but they are basically the same, minus the belt. I got these during the Memorial Day this past weekend where they were 50% off. I would have gotten these but the store was pretty picked over by the time I got there.
11. Caged Sports Bra – $12.90 – 30% off | Anyone else super picky about sports bras? Personally, I like the wide strap ones because most of my workout tank tops are racerbacks with skinny straps. So, I like a little extra coverage underneath them! Forever 21 is kind of hit & miss with their sports bras but I really liked this one + it fit really well!
Racerback Maxi Dress – $10 | I tried this on in the store & really liked it. But then I got it home, tried it on again, and realized how much gaping there was at the top. Not sure why I didn’t notice this in the store? I may have been blinded by the $10 price tag + the fact that it was a racerback dress which I cannot find anywhere. I still really like it but I ended up taking it back! I think a small would have been too tight around my butt/hips so I didn’t exchange it. 🙁
HEAD Workout Tank – $9.99 | This is a basic workout tank top from Marshalls but has a cut out in the back. Head seems to be my go-to brand for any type of tank top from TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Burlington/etc.
Black Wedge Sandals – $19 | This was a GroopDealz purchase at the beginning of the month. They always get me!
Once again, the theme of the month’s shopping is black. I seriously need some color in my life! I think I gravitate towards black because a.) I always wear self tanner so I don’t want my clothes to be stained/ruined and b.) it’s more slimming. I think I’ll always be a fan of black but I seriously need to stop buying so much of it! Next month’s goal: NO BLACK.
Do any of you guys have a certain color that you stick with?!
Linking up for Franish Budgeting Bloggers!