First of all, I will point out the obvious & say that my purchases do not scream spring whatsoever. Can you tell that I like black? And plain stuff? I realized this as I was putting the collage together & noticed that the palm print dress is the only thing that really sticks out. Yikes, I think I need some more color in my life!
- Affiliate links are used throughout this post.
1, 2, and 3. Soft & Sexy High Neck Tank & Soft & Sexy Choker Top – $14.99 & $0 | I’ve had my eye the tank tops for quite awhile so when they finally went on sale, I picked up the black one in the store. I loved it so much that I ordered the purple one along with the choker t-shirt over Easter weekend when they offered free shipping. I had a gift card for my online order so didn’t pay anything!
4. 90 Degree High Waist Capris – $13 | These were on the clearance rack & I’ve been wanting another pair of leggings for working out.
5. Old Navy Running Shorts – $16.94 + 30% off | Only the best workout shorts! I am glad that they came out with a few more designs this spring compared to earlier in the year. Although I don’t care much for the floral patterns, this palm print isn’t too bad. However, it’s way more subtle compared to the picture.
6. Jersey Swing Dress – $26.94 – 40% off | Another item I’ve been wanting recently but didn’t want to pay full price. Old Navy was having a deal where the entire store was 40% off so I think I paid around $16 for it. (And then the next weekend, they had the entire store 50% off…. of course).
7. Metallica Muscle Tank – $14.99 | I saw this at Target & couldn’t leave with out it. 😛 #impulsebuy They have some other band shirts that I want to get if they don’t all sell out!
8, 9, and 10. Tank Dress (Palm Print) – $9.88, High Neck Swing Dress – $7.88, Racerback Swing Dress – $7.88 | I know, Walmart isn’t the place you really think to buy clothes but I absolutely LOVE their dresses. Also, I don’t like to spend a ton of money on dresses since I can only wear them for about 4 months out of the year. They run pretty big so I would definitely size down!
11. Burnout Maxi Dress – $12.00 | The website no longer has the gray dress which is the one I picked up in the store. I wish they made this in more colors! It is SO comfortable although I will say that it is a little see through.
Not Pictured: Choker Necklace – $5.99, SO Off Shoulder Long Sleeved Top, SO Active Tank, SO Sports Bra, and Union Bay Twill Shorts | The choker necklace was from Forever 21 & I can’t find it on their website. I’m wearing it on my main picture over on the left. Kohl’s apparently doesn’t like the Polyvore website so I wasn’t able to add these to the collage. I also couldn’t find the off shoulder top on there anyhow. I still had a gift card left over from Christmas so I paid $0 for everything. Plus the cashier was kind enough to give me 20% off my entire purchase even though I didn’t have the coupon with me.
Also, I just remembered that I got a denim jacket & a denim vest from Plato’s Closet when I took some clothes there one day. I got a whopping $8 for my clothes which I put towards my purchase. The jacket was $18 and the vest was on sale for $4!
E.L.F. Eyeshadow Primer (Pearl) – $1.99, Herbal Essences Sheer Moisture Shampoo – $5.99 | I finally tossed an old eyeshadow primer last month & re-purchased a new one. I don’t use it all the time but it’s nice to have around on the days that I do want to use it! As for the shampoo, was there a memo that Herbal Essences is phasing out their other products? I have always been a huge fan of their ‘Tea Lightfully Clean’ shampoo but didn’t see it in the store when I went to go re-purchase it. This one looked pretty similar so I decided to give it a try.
From Sally Beauty Supply:
Tanwise Self Tanning Spray (not pictured) – $10.99, Tanwise Creamy Tanning Lotion – $6.99, Tanwise Self Tanning Face Gel – Free | I’m a self tanning junkie so I went in to re-purchase the self tanning spray when they were having a ‘buy 2, get 1 free’ sale. The tanning lotion & face gel are both new products for me and I LOVE them.
Sunless Tanning Mitt – $5.99, NYX Stay Matte Powder Foundation – $9.99, Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser – $8.49 | I still had a gift card left over from my birthday so I didn’t end up paying anything for these products. I was desperate for a new self tanning mitt as the one I’ve been using sucks. I also needed some new face wash & decided to give this one a try. I’ve been using a lot of cream cleansers & this one is more of a gel which I think works WAY better. I don’t have a definite opinion yet since it’s only been a week! Lastly, the powder foundation was something new to try for this spring/summer. I tossed my old BB creams & haven’t been wanting to wear my heavy full coverage foundation lately. I’ve used this a few times & I’m asking myself WHY I never tried it before!
Not pictured: Bath & Body Works ‘At The Beach’ Body Spray – $14.50 + 20% off coupon | I normally don’t buy body sprays from B&BW because I’m cheap but I could not pass this up as soon as I smelled it (and waited until the 20% off coupon started). This is like the body care version of their Honolulu Sun hand sanitizer which I LOVE.
This was not a typical month for me as I normally do not make this many purchases throughout the month. But, I had three gift cards that were burning a hole in my pocket & wanted to put them to use! I also wanted some new dresses to wear to work because I’ve recently discovered that they are ridiculously comfortable while sitting at a desk all day. I’ve never been a dress person before so I don’t really own any! I plan to majorly calm things down this month although I may buy a few things for our St. Louis trip next month.
Have a great day everyone! Linking up with Fran for Budgeting Bloggers!