Currently [ August ]

Snacking (On)  |   I feel like anything & everything these days!  But, as of right now, I’m a huge Skippy peanut butter bites kick.  I love these things!

Anticipating |  The day that I get to sleep an entire night.  We have had Bud since July 13th and I think he has only slept through the night twice since then.  He seems to have an issue with nighttime because he’ll sleep for a few hours, wake up anywhere from 12am-3am, and then spend the rest of the night pacing, barking, and whining.  I can’t even imagine what it’s like having children because this is awful.  I’ve felt like a complete zombie the past two weeks!

Perfectly calm during the day….

Borrowing |  Books!  My reading has slowed down A LOT this past month only because I’d much rather spend my free time sleeping.  I’m about halfway through ‘Every Last Lie‘ by Mary Kubica and determined to finish it before it’s due.

Admiring |   The kindness of complete strangers.  If you caught my post on Monday, then you already know all about this.  Long story short, Bud slipped out of his collar in the parking lot at the vet and ended up in a (very shallow) creek about a mile away.  A guy who was on the bike trail stopped, got in the water, and was able to get him out.

Purchasing |  Curtis’ birthday is next Wednesday and I still need to get a gift!  I have a few ideas so just need to do some shopping.  🙂

Have a great day everyone!  Linking up with Anne & Shea!

12 Comments

1. Amanda G.
    August 2, 2017

I definitely remember those sleepless puppy nights and being terrified I would never sleep again! Hope you get a good nights rest soon!

1. Megan
      August 12, 2017

Having this foster dog has kind of made me even more nervous about getting a puppy someday! If we do get a puppy, it will be a LONG time after this guy is adopted and I’ve forgotten what lack of sleep is like, haha.

2. ShootingStarsMag
    August 2, 2017

I swear the moon wakes my dog up. She sleeps through most of the day, and then she’s up a lot at night (not all the time – but most of it!) I hope you get a full night’s sleep soon. And yay for the kindness of strangers.

-Lauren
    ShootingStarsMag recently posted…Currently August 2017: 10 Years BloggingMy Profile

1. Megan
      August 12, 2017

I feel like we’ve tried almost everything but he still wakes up in the middle of the night & can’t calm himself back down. 🙁 It’s definitely tough! And sad because we have no idea what is going on with him.

3. Laura
    August 2, 2017

Every Last Lie is on my to-read list for summer. I hope I get around to it!

1. Megan
      August 12, 2017

I love Mary Kubica’s books but this was a little different. I feel like it didn’t have the same flow as her other books!

4. Shea
    August 2, 2017

I haven’t had those peanut butter bites–but I love anything PB so I’m sure I would love them. I have that book on my TBR, it sounds intriguing!

1. Megan
      August 12, 2017

They are so addicting! It’s hard to put them down once you start eating them. I finally finished Every Last Lie and it was… interesting. I like her other books but I’m not so sure about this one!

5. Liz
    August 3, 2017

After 10 weeks, my kid slept all night. I mean, it took work, but he did. I can’t imagine being up with a dog though. I’d probably lose my shit. I had a cat once (very briefly) who was AWFUL at night. Clawed at EVERYTHING so I had to let him in my room, but then he would literally attack my face while I was sleeping. I was living near my parents at the time, so I would literally go to their house in the middle of the night to sleep. The cat didn’t last long. I felt bad, but it was making me crazy.
    Liz recently posted…Four Night Camping Adventure in VermontMy Profile

1. Megan
      August 12, 2017

OH my goodness, I could not handle a cat clawing at me in the middle of the night. I don’t blame you for going to your parents! We have asked some friends if we could go stay with them if the barking was getting too bad, haha.

6. Anne
    August 3, 2017

Not sleeping through the night is sooo hard. But hopefully just like with babies, this will get better 🙂 Also, I have never heard of these PB bites but they sound pretty darn good. Thanks for linking up!
    Anne recently posted…pin to present: zucchini chipsMy Profile

1. Megan
      August 12, 2017

I agree, I think things will get better eventually once he starts getting more comfortable being with humans. 🙂 Those peanut butter bites are SO addicting! It’s always dangerous when I open them because they are so hard to put down, haha.