Hey Friday!

Happy happy Friday!

Even though I only had a four day work week, it sure felt like I was there all five days!  I feel like I got slammed with a ton of work this week that I am slowly digging myself out of right now.  So, I need the weekend right now!  And sleep, always need sleep.  I’m actually writing this in the morning because our foster pup was kind enough to wake us up early by throwing up on our bedroom floor (after he had been up at 4:15 to go outside…).  Ugh.

1.    I’m sure everyone is over hearing about the eclipse right now but I have to include it!  We both took Monday off from work but still got up at our normal time to grab breakfast at Elevenworth Cafe.  We then made the hour & a half trek down south to see Jacquelyn & Dayton and finally meet baby Weston!  They also live within the path of 100% totality which we wanted to check out.  Unfortunately, it was cloudy the entire time so we didn’t get see much of the actual eclipse.  🙁  There were a few breaks in the clouds so we got to see some of it.  It was so creepy to have darkness in the middle of the day!

2.    I love love love Bath & Body Works hand soaps so when they were offering $2.50 soap online last week, I had to order some!  I probably could have gotten more but I figured 8 would get us through for awhile.  🙂  As you can tell, we like Kitchen Lemon.

3.    For those of you who have been around the blog for awhile, I got an update on Sophie (now Rosie), our foster dog that we had from the end of November until May.  She was adopted by a lady in Kansas City and I hadn’t heard from her since we visited back in June.  She’s doing GREAT and says that she is so happy to have such wonderful dogs from the rescue (the other Beagle was adopted from the same rescue as Sophie/Rosie).  I cried when I got this picture– Sophie/Rosie was a feral dog when we got her & afraid of everything!

4.    I am impressed by our local library this week.  I have been obsessed with Ania Ahlborn books ever since I read Brother this past spring and read all of the ones that the library had.  Since I hate buying books, I put in a suggestion for the library to order some more of her books and they did!  I picked up Seed yesterday but am trying to get through The Hate U Give right now.

5.    I have to include my snug piercing again today.  I’ve had it a week and still pretty much love it despite some of the pain I’ve been in!  And it’s super swollen which I hope goes down soon.  It will be worth it once it’s healed.  🙂

Well, time to wrap this up and get ready for work!  Have a great LAST weekend of August everyone!

Linking up with Andrea, Erika, Narci, Amanda, and April!

12 Comments

1. Abbey Peralta
    August 25, 2017

I love bath and body works soaps, I am so sad I missed out on the $2.50 sale! Have you smelled the lemon and black pepper soap/lotion combo that they have now? It smells amazing! Happy Friday!

1. Megan
      August 28, 2017

Lemon & black pepper?! I didn’t even know that was a new scent! Sounds really interesting so I’m going to have to go find it now, haha.

2. Caitlin
    August 25, 2017

I’m loving all the eclipse posts this week on FF because everyone has had a different experience! I totally forgot to mention mine because the most exciting moment was when my husband facetimed us to show us the 90% totality moment (here in CT we didn’t have much). Stopping over from the linkup and hope you can hop over to my blog too! Have a great weekend! https://www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com/2017/08/friday-favorites-91/

1. Megan
      August 28, 2017

Yes, it has been interested to see everyone’s pictures! I wish it wouldn’t have been cloudy here otherwise I think it would have been a totally different experience. But the darkness at totality was probably the creepiest part, even with all of the clouds!

3. Beka J
    August 25, 2017

First off, I like your turquoise blog! Super cute. The eclipse was super cool! I’m glad you got to see some, even if it was a bit cloudy.

Yay for fostering dogs! That’s really neat and I’m glad the dog you had went to a good home and is doing so well. That’s great!

My husband and I love to get library books too! I rarely read a book twice so checking them out and returning them is what we do. Glad your library was nice enough to order your more books to read.

1. Megan
      August 28, 2017

Thank you! The clouds made it kind of crappy to try to see the eclipse but the darkness during the middle of the day was still pretty awesome to experience. We have been fostering dogs since last November & Sophie/Rosie was one that we had for almost 6 months! I think she went to a really good home that has helped her come out of her shell. I’m so thankful that her new owner keeps in touch & sends updates too as I don’t think a lot of people really do that. The library here is so hit & miss which is why I’ve never been a fan of it. But yes, I hate buying books and normally don’t read them twice either!

4. Liz
    August 26, 2017

I feel like your snug piercing totally gives me a throwback to high school. I kept getting keloids around my tragus and finally just got fed up with it and took it out. I totally forget that I ever even had it pierced, and I had it pierced for years! Sophie looks so happy now! That’s awesome that she’s loving her new home! I’m sure it makes it all worthwhile when you get updates like that! We were in the path of totality too (I don’t think I even wrote about it on my blog!) and it was SO dark because a storm was rolling in, and it was so hard to tell if it was getting dark from the clouds or the eclipse. But it was definitely the eclipse. Thankfully, our neighbors had some glasses because we couldn’t even see where the sun was without them. The clouds parted RIGHT before the eclipse though! Pretty cool.

1. Megan
      August 28, 2017

The darkness during the eclipse was SO creepy. I bet it was really weird with it being dark because of the storm too! I’m so happy that Sophie is doing so well in her new home too! I think she ended up with a really good home that has helped her learn how to be a normal “dog”, haha. I think I had a keloid on my tragus piercing once but it went away & haven’t had it since. That would be awful to get them ALL the time though!

5. Kasey Holloway
    August 27, 2017

Yes! I love Bath and Body works soaps and how they designed the new ones! Also I have never read anything by Ania Ahlborn but her books sound like ones I would enjoy! Enjoy your weekend!

1. Megan
      August 28, 2017

They have the best soap! I am interested in trying the fall-ish scented ones! Ania Ahlborn writes some really weird books, haha. Some are more horror-thriller while others are just like weird zombie (but still within the horror category) type books. They are still really good!

6. Jessie @ Just Jessie
    August 28, 2017

LOVE the piercing! How cute!
    Jessie @ Just Jessie recently posted…Weekend Recap: Moving in with Ben!My Profile

1. Megan
      August 28, 2017

Thank you! 🙂 It still has a long ways to go until it’s healed though!