Happy happy Friday!
Even though I only had a four day work week, it sure felt like I was there all five days! I feel like I got slammed with a ton of work this week that I am slowly digging myself out of right now. So, I need the weekend right now! And sleep, always need sleep. I’m actually writing this in the morning because our foster pup was kind enough to wake us up early by throwing up on our bedroom floor (after he had been up at 4:15 to go outside…). Ugh.
1. I’m sure everyone is over hearing about the eclipse right now but I have to include it! We both took Monday off from work but still got up at our normal time to grab breakfast at Elevenworth Cafe. We then made the hour & a half trek down south to see Jacquelyn & Dayton and finally meet baby Weston! They also live within the path of 100% totality which we wanted to check out. Unfortunately, it was cloudy the entire time so we didn’t get see much of the actual eclipse. 🙁 There were a few breaks in the clouds so we got to see some of it. It was so creepy to have darkness in the middle of the day!
2. I love love love Bath & Body Works hand soaps so when they were offering $2.50 soap online last week, I had to order some! I probably could have gotten more but I figured 8 would get us through for awhile. 🙂 As you can tell, we like Kitchen Lemon.
3. For those of you who have been around the blog for awhile, I got an update on Sophie (now Rosie), our foster dog that we had from the end of November until May. She was adopted by a lady in Kansas City and I hadn’t heard from her since we visited back in June. She’s doing GREAT and says that she is so happy to have such wonderful dogs from the rescue (the other Beagle was adopted from the same rescue as Sophie/Rosie). I cried when I got this picture– Sophie/Rosie was a feral dog when we got her & afraid of everything!
4. I am impressed by our local library this week. I have been obsessed with Ania Ahlborn books ever since I read Brother this past spring and read all of the ones that the library had. Since I hate buying books, I put in a suggestion for the library to order some more of her books and they did! I picked up Seed yesterday but am trying to get through The Hate U Give right now.
5. I have to include my snug piercing again today. I’ve had it a week and still pretty much love it despite some of the pain I’ve been in! And it’s super swollen which I hope goes down soon. It will be worth it once it’s healed. 🙂
Well, time to wrap this up and get ready for work! Have a great LAST weekend of August everyone!