Confessions: Things That Drive Me Bonkers

Hello!

I’ve had this post drafted for some time so I’m glad to finally be able to get it up thanks to the new confessions link up!

Folding clothes, unloading the dishwasher, and ironing.  I have to do these things and I hate every single minute of it.

When people listen to music/podcasts, watch videos, play games, continuously text, etc. on their phones with the sound on.  Or better yet, listen to everything through headphones but just let them sit in your desk with the volume turned all the way up.  PUT YOUR PHONE ON SILENT OR WEAR HEADPHONES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

via GIPHY

Going along with phone noises, I recently learned that there is an actual condition called Misophonia which I’m convinced that I have.  I feel nothing but rage whenever I hear tapping, whistling, humming, shuffling, coughing, throat clearing, hacking, etc.

Whenever I see/hear an ‘s’ at the end of words that shouldn’t be plural.  I can’t tell you how many times I hear people say “Aldi’s” or “Nordstrom’s”.  No.  You don’t tell people that you are going to “Target’s”.

via GIPHY

When I’m driving & need to get over to a certain lane but there are a million cars in said lane making it nearly impossible to get over.

Speaking of lanes, the fact that I always manage to pick the slowest grocery checkout lane or drive-thru lane.  It never fails that I’m always behind that one person that still writes checks or a car full of people who have never seen a drive-thru menu before.

Clothes made out of rayon.  WHY is this even a thing?  I’ve ruined so many shirts/dresses after washing because of this god awful fabric.

via GIPHY

People who leave food in the microwaves at work.  We only have three for about 100 people so when lunch time hits, they are almost always in use.  What drives me crazy are the people who can’t seem to wait the 2, 3, 4 minutes it takes for their food to heat up.  Instead, they go back to their desk & don’t come back for several minutes AFTER their food is done cooking.  Seriously, work is not THAT important that you have to go back to your desk.  TAKE A BREAK!

Paying for shipping.  I mean, I get having to pay for postage & what-not but there are some stores that charge a ridiculous price for shipping no matter what item you purchase.  *cough* Old Navy *cough*

Musicals.  Nope.

When stores/brands discontinue products.  It’s so frustrating to go into a store to re-purchase something that you really love only to find that they stopped carrying it or they stopped making it all together!

Boomerang.  As in, every single story on your Instagram should not be a boomerang.  Oh, and blogs that never end.  The ones where you just keep scrolling down & it never stops!

What drives you bonkers??

Linking up with Amanda

10 Comments

1. don’t even get me started about shipping fees. i am so cheap that i will do everything i possibly can to avoid shipping lol
    kathy @ more coffee, less talky recently posted…It’s OK….My Profile

1. Megan
      November 6, 2017

Ugh, yes! I’ve started doing the ship-to-store thing that a lot of places are doing these days. Yeah, I’m spending the gas to drive to the store to pick it up but definitely NOT the $7-$10 it costs to get to my house!

2. Amanda @ That Inspired Chick
    November 2, 2017

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! These are so great! We should definitely be friends. 😉 But I definitely, 100% have a blog post that won’t end today. And you linked up with it which is amazing and was probably hard for you to do and I thank you. I’m also suddenly very aware of my “s”s now… So funny! Thanks for linking up!! That Inspired Chick

1. Megan
      November 6, 2017

I should have been more specific about long blogs-I didn’t mean the actual post itself but mostly blogs/websites that never stop. Like you keep scrolling and the page keeps loading. Like, a lot of blogs have like 2,3,4,5 etc. posts before you get to the bottom of the page & you can click next page. I mean the ones that don’t have that & you just keep scrolling with no ending ever, haha.

3. Melissa
    November 2, 2017

Love this!
    I think this is my biggest pet peeve:
    “Whenever I see/hear an ‘s’ at the end of words that shouldn’t be plural. I can’t tell you how many times I hear people say “Aldi’s” or “Nordstrom’s”. No. You don’t tell people that you are going to “Target’s”.”
    JcPenneyS is the one I hear the most. Makes my skin crawl!!!!

1. Megan
      November 6, 2017

Yes, I completely forgot about that one too! Or “Sally’s” when they talk about going to Sally Beauty Supply. I catch myself sometimes with that because it almost feels normal to put an S at the end of that one, haha.

4. Lexi
    November 4, 2017

Ohh I’m so excited for this new confessions link-up!

Hahaha, that’s so true about the ’s! If someone said “Target’s” I would probably outright laugh in their face. And omg the microwave—after they come back to their food several minutes later, then they realize now it needs a little warming up AGAIN and take an additional 30 seconds when the rest of us just want to heat lunch and get the fudge out.

Can’t wait to begin participating in upcoming link-ups!

5. Liz
    November 5, 2017

I think I have long blogs, haha. But not THHAAAT long. I HATE RAYON! I also hat clothes that you can’t dry. WTF. Make everything go in the dryer. But rayon is especially bad because sometimes, rayon shrinks a TON even in the washer. Other times, rayon does fine in the dryer (oops).

1. Megan
      November 6, 2017

I should have been more specific about long blogs — I didn’t mean the actual post itself. I meant blogs/websites that never stop. Like you keep scrolling and the pages just keeps loading. Like, a lot of blogs have like 2,3,4,5 etc. posts before you get to the bottom of the page & you can click next page. I mean the ones that don’t have that & you just keep scrolling with no ending ever.

YES! Rayon is the worst! It must be super cheap fabric or something because it’s so awful haha. I don’t understand HOW it shrinks so much as soon as it gets wet.

6. Mattie
    November 8, 2017

I realize this is almost a week old, but AMEN to adding an ‘s’ to things! STOP IT, PEOPLE! And I also always end up in the slowest checkout line. I also pretty much flat out refuse to pay shipping. Obviously sometimes I’ll have to if it’s from Etsy or somewhere like that, but I purposely make sure to buy $50 worth of stuff from Old Navy so I don’t have to pay shipping! (Even if I just buy multiple sizes or something–I’ll just go return stuff in the store or mail it back!)